3 Nov 2011

Doubly Naked

After Urban Decays launch of the NAKED palette shops couldn't keep them in stock. They were literally flying off the shelves. However, I got mine on a super good deal with House of Fraser. So I picked up the palette originally priced for £36 for £28. Total steal

Second palette is the Naked palette from Too Faced. I got this for my birthday but it retails for £25. 


Urban decay Naked comes with 12 shades and a few are exclusive to this palette.
Too Faced Naked comes with nine shades.



The Urban decay palette has a mixture between matte eyeshadows, satin eyeshadows and glitter eyeshadows. My favourite formulation is satin.


Top to bottom, Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal
Most of the colours are fantastic there are a few slightly disappointing for me. I'm not a big fan of buck and I find darkhorse makes me look like i've been punched in the eye.
However, the stars of the show are virgin, half baked and toasted. I love all these colours and wear them nearly every day.

The Urban Decay palette also comes with an eyeshadow brush and a mini size original primer potion. I think if you live in the states you get a double ended eyeliner instead of the brush.






The Too Faced palette focuses on creating 3 looks. 
Day, Classic & Fashion my favourite being fashion.



Most of these colours are very subtle and not as pigmented as I would like however being called Naked you can't complain. However one shade that doesn't show up is Like a virgin. As you can see on the swatches its rubbish!!





The matte black pictured above is called stiletto and is fantastic. It's so dark I wet my brush and use it for eyeliner.


Left to right, In the Buff, Pillow talk, Like a virgin, Birthday suit, Satin sheets, Unmentionables, Pink cheeks, Lap dance, Stiletto

As you can see the palette also contains three tutorial cards. This is great for beginners.
This palette also comes with a double ended applicator which is surprisingly good and handy.

To finish, I love both these palettes for different reasons but if I could only pick one it would be Urban Decay purely because you get 3 extra shadows for a small price difference and you get a few extras (primer & brush) and they eyeshadows are alot more pigmented.

I hope this has helped if you're looking for a neutral palette,
Thanks for reading
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment