24 Feb 2012

Proactiv Solution | My Verdict

Hi everyone, I don't know if you remember but a few weeks ago I was sent the proactiv skincare system to test by Boots. They claim to improve your skins condition within two weeks and after five weeks your skin should be completely clear.
I was really excited to try this out as I had heard good things about proactiv and I do suffer from breakouts so I was secretly wishing this would be the answer to all my skin problems.
Unfortunately it isn't.



The skincare system is very much like the one by Clinique. There is a cleanser, toner and moisturiser and it is meant to be used twice daily.

To begin, remove any makeup with a wipe or makeup remover and wet your face with warm water and apply a small amount of cleanser (a little goes a long way). It is a blue colour with tiny gritty particles. They are slightly rough but it feels like your skin is getting a deep clean. Rinse your face with hot water. Afterwards your skin feels really clean and fresh and my pores didn't feel clogged up.

The toner is really refreshing. I apply it with a cotton pad and sweep it over my t-zone and cheeks. This also removes any makeup that is left on your face. Let the toner dry and then apply a pea-sized amount of the moisturiser. This is very soothing and has a cooling effect to the skin which is lovely. 

After trying it out for the first time I was very impressed as my skin felt thoroughly cleaned before bed. 

However, the next morning I woke up and was covered in spots......




The night before my forehead was completely clear and blemish free. I couldn't believe it and was really disappointed. I was tempted to stop using proactiv there and then but I thought it might be the cleanser drawing out all the impurities and after all these spots go my skin might be left beautiful and clear.

I used it religiously for 3 weeks morning and night. My skin was still breaking out and as one spot goes another was taking its place. My forehead was affected the worst. Other areas of my face such as my nose and under my eyebrows were very dry and flaking which is not very nice. The only part of my face that was liking the skincare system were my cheeks. They felt very soft and clean and have improved since using proactiv. 
The info on the back of the cleanser says if you are suffering dryness cut back to using the cleanser once a day. I switched to once a day after three weeks.


After three weeks of proactiv this is what my forehead looked like....





I decided to continue using proactive on my cheeks, chin and nose and return to my trust liz earl for my forehead. After a week of this moderated system this is what my forehead looked like...




 My forehead is clearing up and I have no new breakouts. I am still using proactiv around my cheeks, nose and chin and my skin is reacting really well and has improved in condition.

Overall I have a love/hate relationship with proactiv as half of my face likes it where my other half doesn't. It is a bit of a faff washing my face with two cleansers so once proactiv is used up I will be returning to my faithful liz earl.

If you are interested in trying out the proactiv skincare line I wouldn't try and dissuade you as it has worked miracles for many people but it just didn't for me.
It costs £39.99 for the three products and you can purchase it here.

I hope this review has been helpful and if any of you have tried proactiv I would love to know what you think about it.

Thanks for reading
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment